- All Products
- Reseller Tools
- About Us
- Contact Us
Metropolitan Sales Distributors Inc. (Metropolitan Sales Company, Metropolitan Sales), respects your privacy and values the trust you’ve placed in our organization. This Policy is to advise you on how we collect and process your Personal Data. Each time you use our Site, the current version of this Policy will apply and is applicable to all Site visitors, registered users, and all other users of our Site.
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more other factors specific to your identity.
By visiting MetSales.com or related properties, (together the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Policy.
Contacting Metropolitan Sales Company
Information We Collect
Metropolitan Sales Company collects several pieces of data about our members and Site users. Some information is voluntary through forms you submit. This information includes but is not limited to name, title, company, contact information (address, phone numbers and email addresses), demographic information and preferences about you and your company, payment information necessary to complete purchases (not retained), purchase transactions, certifications and event registration information. Some information is collected by computers and technical services such as your computer’s operating system, browser vendor and version as well as IP address. While this list is not exhaustive of all that we keep, understand that any information you enter into a form on MetSales.com is maintained for the duration of our business use including our ability to keep past history.
How We Use the Data We Collect
Metropolitan Sales Company uses the data it collects to carry out our obligations arising from your relationship with our team, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, organize events that you have registered for and provide materials and offers related to the event, provide newsletters and to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
Sharing Your Data with Others
- Metropolitan Sales Company may share your user information with authorized service providers, affiliates, or partners to provide certain administrative, marketing, or technology services—such as survey administration, database management, transaction processing, event management, ad targeting, and bulk mailing, or any other Services. The authorized service providers, affiliates, and partners we work with are not allowed to use the information outside of the function of providing the Services designated by Metropolitan Sales Company.
- Metropolitan Sales Company may share your user information with our authorized service providers, affiliates, or partners to the extent necessary for purposes of communicating with you or fulfilling your requests for any content, materials, and opportunities.
- Metropolitan Sales Company may disclose your user information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- Metropolitan Sales Company may disclose your user information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our employees, our website users or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- If Metropolitan Sales Company changes its corporate or organizational structure, files for bankruptcy, liquidates its assets, merges/combines with another entity, or undergoes a corporate reorganization, your information is, and should be expected to be, one of the transferred assets; you consent to such transfer by using the website.
Our website does not allow visitors to communicate with others nor to publish information that is accessible by other visitors.
All of your personal information is securely transmitted to our Web site using an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption key from Sectigo.
We have implemented policies, rules, and technical measures to protect the personal information we have gathered against:
- Unauthorized access;
- Unwanted disclosure or use by third parties;
- Unauthorized modifications;
- Destruction or loss of information;
All credit-card information is encrypted when the order is processed. We do not keep the credit card numbers in our on-line servers. We use secure servers protected by the best firewalls currently available on the market. Physical access to these servers is limited and controlled.
All employees that have access to or that are involved in processing your personal information are bound by a confidentiality clause.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
If an incident does occur, and for incidents that occur at our third-party vendors, we will promptly inform affected individuals as may be required by law or our policies.
Responsibility for External Content
Cookies from Our Website
Accessing the personal data we have gathered
Once the request has been received by one of our team members, we will supply all the information we have collected about you within two business weeks. We may ask for proof of identification before disclosing any of the requested information.
We also reserve the right to refuse your access to an information request. You will be notified as to the reasons of the refusal.
As a registered user on MetSales.com, you have the ability to view, modify and update your personal information once logging into your account on our site.
Effective January 1, 2020